Monday, September 1, 2014

a part of us

Today's plan, and my next running day for that matter, was to get out and go for Week 5 again.  Two more reps and I could go on to Week 6, at which time, the plan was going to shift a bit.  I wanted to try 6, 7 & 7-2 in one week with a day of rest between each run.

But I felt so strong after my last run, I decided to bump it up to Week 6 this morning to see where I was at in my endurance and strength.  Again, I decided to head for the open roads to have a few shots at some fairly level stretches.  The sun was out in full force and I started on the hills, but it was okay.  I was doing fine.

Todd, creator and narrator of the training runs, tics off every two minutes as you go until you get to the last two, then he gives you one minute markings.  I couldn't believe how quickly the minutes were going by.  Before I knew it the first interval was over and I was walking.  The sun was a tad relentless at times, but thankfully, the clouds offered a nice reprieve and I was lucky enough to do the second interval with overcast skies and the occasional cool breeze.  I felt super!

As soon as it began, it was over it seemed.  Because of the longer intervals, there were only two reps today.  What a disappointment.  I was often quite disappointed when a run was finished and a little sad as well.  I think perhaps this is why I, and so many others like me, continue to strive for longer and longer runs.  We want to push ourselves, challenge ourselves to see just what we really can do.  It becomes so much a part of us, we don't want it to be over.

I really didn't want to be done, but I wanted to train smart.  I wouldn't be skipping ahead in the training runs if I didn't already have previous training.  And if I need to, I'm not too proud to skip back and repeat.  I believe the three reps of 4-2 really helped rebuild my endurance at exactly the right point.

I'm going to shoot for 7 and 7-2 this week and hope to graduate to the final and full training run, Week 8, this weekend.

I hope you're all doing well.  Remember, never compare, keep getting out there, and most of all ENJOY YOURSELVES!!

Post run goodies.  100% vegan.  Topped with Punk Rawk Nut Cheese.  This stuff is amazing!
Here is a link for those interested:  http://www.punkrawklabs.net/cheeses.html

HAPPY RUNNING!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sumon! I truly appreciate hearing your supportive words and I'm pleased if it helps you.

    ReplyDelete