Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Decorating Mom's Today

Today I had a nice surprise and the scale was down another lb, but I think I made up for it today!

I picked up my friend Melissa, who so graciously agreed to help put up Christmas decorations at Mom's with me today.  We got the tree up and decorated, miscellaneous goodies all over the house put up and around and then headed outside to put the lights up on the bushes.  It really looks good!  Mom is coming home from the hospital tomorrow after hip surgery and will be so surprised! She wasn't planning on putting up the decorations this year thinking it might be a bit much after the surgery, but she is doing great and will be very pleased!  We even cleaned up after ourselves and vacuumed the loose pine needles when we were done.  Coming home to a clean and decorated home will be such a nice bonus for her, I can't wait to see her face!

We still had a few errands to run before heading up to the hospital to surprise Mom with a visit, but we were getting pretty hungy, sooooo.....off to MCL with us!  Melissa orders...get this....are you ready....a salad and beets, custard for dessert and ice water to drink! AT MCL! HMMMMMPH!  I on the other hand did it right!  I got turkey and gravy, dressing (about 3 times a serving size!) and gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy....(noticing a pattern here?), green beans (I don't think they were the steamed kind either!), a salad WITH cheese, slathered in ranch dressing, OH and a tomatoe wedge, and a big slice of pumpkin pie!  I ate EVERY SINGLE BITE! and was miserable! but it was so so so so good!

After our feast we headed out to finish our errands and then visit Mom.  She was so happy to see us and very ready to come home and see her cat tomorrow.  We almost slipped about a dozen times about the decorations, but managed to get away from there with the secret still in tow.  Yay for us!

Most of my more conscientious friends were off doing Christmas runs of some sort today, but not me....no....I snarfed out at MCL!  I am truly hoping I don't pay for this tomorrow, but it was a fun and productive day today just the same.  And I plan on having a lazy and relaxing evening at home tonight, maybe even have a few Select 55's! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Elaine even set a new PR today! CONGRATS TO YOU ELAINE!

    ReplyDelete