Sunday, December 11, 2011

Do NOT weigh in EVERY day!!

Well, the scale is up 3 lbs again!  I did weigh-in a little earlier today and I know it goes down the later I wait to weigh (fluid loss), but still! Even with being a little naughty yesterday, I maybe consumed enough calories to 'maintain' my current weight, with at maximum, a 1/3 lb gain!  There is NO way I managed 10,500 calories OVER my daily maintenance intake!  But, now that I've gotten that rant out of my system, nor was there anyway I burned or cut 10,500 calories over the previous 3 days to have lost that 3 lbs!  So, holding steady at my 5lb gain since the gym (10 lbs since the summer)! BOO!

People who have never been heavy do not realize the extra struggle that goes into lugging that baggage around with you on a run.  I know I can run faster, but my 'reserve calories' are slowing me down.  It is harder on my bones, DOES help build my muscles, but I feel sluggish and heavy like I'm waaaay up there running one minute in my mind, but then dragged back to my body to slog along with it until we make it to the finish line!  Even a few extra pounds does make a difference and I am really feeling the recent gain on top of my pre-existing excess.  I long to be light and free from the burden and pain and just go out and have a fun breezy run.  I do even still have portions of my runs that feel this way, but not a lot lately.  Leg pain OR weight gain, bad, but BOTH? Miserable!

I will choose 1 day a week to do weigh-ins and I think Saturday morning is a good time to do so. One occasional day of naughty or play does not equal throwing it all away, nor does it truly put the pounds ALL back on.  You might see quick good results one day or quick and big bad results another day, but it is important to go by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and your health.  I know by a painful sluggish run when it is time for me to REgrab the reins and take control of my rebellious self again.  And since I don't have the luxury of good weather on my side at this time, I will need to make healthier food choices and discipline myself to add a little something to my daily routine, treadmill, elliptical, walking the dog, going to the gym, it doesn't matter what as long as I am consistent and just keep moving.  One day at a time, one step at a time.  I will get there.  And by Spring I will be able to reward myself out there on the trails with a lighter stride and hopefully, no more pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment